Music Meditation || Easter

In the midst of dyed eggs and rabbit-shaped chocolate, I find Easter means more to me each year.  For this is the sacrifice that changes us all and sets us free.  It is this event that I can never fully understand or fathom.  He hung there.  For me.  He bled.  For you.  A death so horrific he asked that the cup be taken from him, knowing it would not.  He suffered unimaginable pain, all so we don't have to.  No matter what you find in your basket this year, please know you've already received the greatest gift of all.

I've wanted to share this song with you for some time, but it begged to be shared in this moment.  It is officially "Christ Is Risen" by Matt Maher.  It is what Celie refers to as the "Come Awake song".  And, truly, it stirs my soul to awaken and celebrate.


Our God is not dead.  He's alive!  He's alive!
Happy Easter, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment