Delta Sunset

The daily desserts of beauty in the MS Delta wasn't something I appreciated.  Until I left, that is.  To go back to that beautiful land brings me such joy now that I do not get the daily experience of cotton blooms and dirt roads filled with tractor treads.  While my list of fav-o-rite Delta things runs long, a Delta sunset has to be in the top 5.  What our daughter, Celie, calls the Cotton Candy Sky seems to last for hours, and there is something peaceful about that deepening of color from pink and purple to orange and red.  If I could, I'd reach out and grab a big handful of that Cotton Candy, knowing it would melt in my mouth with sugary sweetness.  Thank you, God, for such beauty and for an appreciation for it that only came when I didn't taste it every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment